Who Are The True Isrealites? Part 4 The division becomes clear.
And here comes the division clearer between the true Judeans who believed in Jesus Christ and that He was the Christ and the Jews, the non-Judeans, the rulers, who wanted to kill Him.
John 7:25-26 and 31
- 25 Then said some of them of Jerusalem, Is not this he, whom they seek to kill?
- 26 But, lo, he speaketh boldly, and they say nothing unto him. Do the rulers know indeed that this is the very Christ?
- 31 And many of the people believed on him, and said, When Christ cometh, will he do more miracles than these which this man hath done?
But the Jews (the Edomites) who think of themselves as Judeans do not believe in Jesus Christ nor in His miracles. They just yelled on top of their lungs “Crucify Him, crucify Him.”
- Luke 23:21 But they cried, saying, Crucify him, crucify him.
- Mark 15:13 And they cried out again, Crucify him.
- John 19:6 When the chief priests therefore and officers saw him, they cried out, saying, Crucify him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Take ye him, and crucify him: for I find no fault in him.
The Jews, the rulers do not know Who the Father is. And they don’t understand what Jesus Christ is saying, nor do they understand the Scripture. And many other “Jews” (Judeans) do understand what Jesus Christ is saying.
John 8:19 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me. Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.”
- 23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
- 24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
- 25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.
- —-John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God.
- —-Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
- 26 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.
However, many other Jews (the Judeans) did understand and believed what Jesus Christ was saying.
- 31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
- 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Before 1775 the English language was in its infancy. For the translators of the 1611 King James Bible, the word IEWE was used to translate to the word Ye-hu-wdiy. The word IEWE ought to be pronounced Yee-hoo-wee to come as close to the Hebrew phonetic pronunciation as possible, which is unlike the pronunciation of the word “Jew”
In the NT the word “Jew” refers to all of the people that were living in Judaea. But they were not all of the tribe of Judah, the tribe where Jesus Christ was born into, humanly speaking.
The “Jews” claiming they were of Abraham’s seed said they never were in bondage. But the Israelites were in bondage: in Egypt, then the Ammonites, and the Philistines, later they were taken captive by the Assyrians and the Babylonians.
John 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham’s seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
Jesus did not say their descendant was not of Abraham. Because Esau was the grandson of Abraham. However, that is where it ends. But it are the Israelites who believe in Jesus Christ, are of Abraham’s seed and from Isaac the son of Promise, and of Jacob Israel.
John 8:37 I know that ye are Abraham’s seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
John 8:39 They answered and said unto Him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
And Jesus Christ continues with the truth:
John 8:40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
God saying to tot Moses:
Exodus 4:22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn.
The Jews, the Edomites, claim God is their father, however, Christ says their father is the devil, the father of lies.
- 41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
- 42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
- 43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
- 44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
The Jews (the Pharisees) were convinced Jesus Christ is from the devil.
John 8:48 Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil.
The Jews were about the throw stones at Him for blasphemy. By His power, Jesus Christ passed them by but, He did not get hurt.
- 58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
- —-Exodus 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
- 59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.
The Bible speaks that the Jews by contradicting their speech they already were possessed by satan. They do not belong to Israel, nor are these Jews God’s people.
Jeremiah 31:1 At the same time, saith the LORD, will I be the God of all the families of Israel, and they shall be my people.
Jeremiah 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Link to: the Report of Pontius Pilate to the emperor Tiberius Ceasar, The report relates (prior) to the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
Under the heading ” I WAS TOLD IT WAS JESUS. And quote I in red font:
“His golden-colored hair and beard gave him the appearance of a celestial aspect. He appeared to be about thirty years old. Never have I seen a sweeter or more serene countenance. What a Contrast between him and his hearers, with their black beards and tawny completion!”
How Jesus Christ looked like when He was walking on earth is not described in the Bible, however, the scenario perhaps is true because Jacob had a fair, a plain complexion as well. (Genesis 25:27)
Two Roman witnesses discerned that Jesus Christ was different than the Jews who yelled” on top of their lungs: “Crucify Him, crucify Him” *
The description of Pilate shows the physical difference between the Judeans (the Israelites) and the Jews (the Edomites).
Pilate is repeating the words of his centurion Manilus once said after Jesus Christ gave up the ghost:
Matthew 27: 54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.
Mark 15:39 And when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God.
In the Old Testament, the word “Jew” ought to be read as Judahite which were the Israelites of the tribe of Judah. In the New Testament, the word “Jew” ought to be read as Judean which were the Israelites also of the tribe of Judah and they were living in the Roman province of Judea.
The term “Judaism” refers to the teachings of the Talmud the Jewish Mysticism. These Rabbinical writings are based upon the Kabbalah and the book of Zohar and are contradicting the Bible, by denying that Jesus Christ is the Lord GOD of the Old Testament among other things .
Link to a website of the following More recent information July 2007
The following is an abstract of the book: Jesus The Isrealite Was Neither A “Jew” Nor A “Christian“. Written by John Hall Elliot. (Copy and paste from the website)
“Distinguishing between insider and outsider groups and their differing nomenclatures is essential for accurate interpretation and translation. Jesus and his earliest followers, evidence demonstrates, were called
Nazoreans' by their fellow Israelites.Israel’,
Israelites' were the preferred terms of self-designation among members of the house of Israel when addressing other members—not ‘Ιουδαιος’,
Jew' or Judaism’. Modern interpreters and translators of the Bible, it is argued, should respect and follow this insider preference. ‘Ιουδαιος , an outsider coinage, is best rendered
Judaean', not Jew’, to reflect the explicit or implied connection with Judaea. It was employed by Israelites when addressing outsiders as an accommodation to outsider usage. The concepts
Christian' as understood today are shaped more by fourth century rather than first-century CE realities and hence should be avoided as anachronistic designations for first-century persons or groups. Use of Christian’ is best restricted to its three NT appearances. The use of appropriate nomenclature is crucial for minimizing historical and social inaccuracies and misunderstandings”.
Quote from the website in red font
“In spite of the powerful propaganda effort of the so-called “Jews”, they have been unable to prove in recorded history that there is one record, prior to that period, of a race religion or nationality, referred to as “Jew”. The religious sect in Judea, in the time of Jesus, to which self-styled “Jews” today refer to as “Jews”, were known as “Pharisees”. “Judaism” today and “Pharisaism” in the time of Jesus are the same.
Jesus abhorred and denounced “Pharisaism”; hence the words, “Woe unto you Scribes and Pharisees, Hypocrites, Ye Serpents, Ye Generation of Vipers”.“
Oh Lord Jesus Christ, Mighty and Precious Saviour!