For a time several Judges ruled the land, but Israel wanted a king. The first king was Saul, however, David was God’s choice. Israel became a kingdom. They became a kingdom status under David. In order to have a kingdom, there has to people, land, law, a throne, and a king.
Nathan to David somewhat a thousand years before Jesus Christ in ancient Jerusalem. God promises Israel another place than Canaan Land because the people will grow in numbers. By giving them Canaan Land the prophecy is partly fulfilled. By moving them to another place the prophecy is completely fulfilled.
2Samuel 7:10 Moreover I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime,
David passes on Solomon takes the throne. Also, a time for Solomon to pass on. A nation divided. Ten tribes and part of Levi were of the North, King Jeroboam. Two tribes, the tribe of Judah and Benjamin, and part of Levi was of the South, king Rehoboam.
Two separate nations, two separate kingdoms.
- the capital of the North was Samaria,
- the capital of the South was Jerusalem,
- they fought wars against each other,
- they made separate treaties with other nations,
Both kingdoms were wicked in idolatry and spiritual adultery. Israel broke the covenant that God made with them at Mount Sinai more than once.
The House of Israel is also known as the land of Ephraim was taken captive by Syrian kings who invaded the land (approximately 745BC and 721BC) The Bible does not mention the ten tribes ever returned to Canaan Land. Except for one priest in a small company could return to the land. All the Israelites were replaced by foreign people.
The House of Judah, the tribes of Judah and Benjamin, was taken into captivity by the Babylonians but were able to return seventy years later.
2Kings 17:4-6 And the king of Assyria found conspiracy in Hoshea: for he had sent messengers to So king of Egypt, and brought no present to the king of Assyria, as he had done year by year: therefore the king of Assyria shut him up, and bound him (=the king Hoshea of Israel) in prison 5/ Then the king of Assyria came up throughout all the land, and went up to Samaria, and besieged it three years. 6/ In the ninth year of Hoshea, the king of Assyria took Samaria, and carried Israel away into Assyria, and placed them in Halah and in Habor by the river of Gozan, and in the cities of the Medes.
2Kings 2:27 Then the king of Assyria commanded, saying, Carry thither one of the priests whom ye brought from thence; and let them go and dwell there, and let him teach them the manner of the God of the land.
Where all the millions of people did go during those years. History traces them moving north and west. They migrated to the Caspian- and the Black sea and crossed the Caucasus mountains. That’s where the name Caucasian comes from. The White people, the Israelites became known in North-Western Europe under different names. Germanic, Celtic, British, and Scandinavian people, The Caucasians are all of one racial family.
God divorced Israel (the ten tribes) and they were expelled from the land. However, God did not divorce Judah. God will increase Israel more in number than Judah. Israel was to multiply.
Isaiah 54:1-2 1 Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate (=10 tribes Israel) than the children of the married wife (=Judah), saith the LORD. 2/ Enlarge the place of thy tent,(=Israel) and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes;
Jesus Christ is the Redeemer, the Saviour came to Israel, the Gospel was brought to North-Western Europe from Jerusalem. The Gospel that the Jews, they are the descendants of Esau did reject.
Isaiah 54:5-6 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. 6/ For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God.
The amount of Jews is somewhat around 17 million people. Does this amount add up to a “multitude of nations in the midst of the earth?” The modern Jews did not have a national status for centuries. Until May 1948.
Another prophecy of the Israel people on the earth.
- Israel: divorced from God for 700 years, yet Israel still will increase in number,
- Jezreel: to sow, to scatter. the sewn seed takes root,
- Lo–ruhamah: no more mercy,
- Lo–ammi: you are not my people.
- 2 The beginning of the word of the LORD by Hosea. And the LORD said to Hosea, Go, take unto thee a wife of whoredoms and children of whoredoms: for the land hath committed great whoredom, departing from the LORD.
- 3 So he went and took Gomer the daughter of Diblaim; which conceived, and bare him a son.
- 4 And the LORD said unto him, Call his name Jezreel; for yet a little while, and I will avenge the blood of Jezreel upon the house of Jehu, and will cause to cease the kingdom of the house of Israel.
- 5 And it shall come to pass at that day, that I will break the bow of Israel in the valley of Jezreel.
- 6 And she conceived again, and bare a daughter. And God said unto him, Call her name Lo–ruhamah: for I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel; but I will utterly take them away.
- 7 But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them by the LORD their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, nor by battle, by horses, nor by horsemen.
- 8 Now when she had weaned Lo–ruhamah, she conceived, and bare a son.
- 9 Then said God, Call his name Lo–ammi: for ye are not my people, and I will not be your God.
- 10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God. (=through Jesus Christ and the Gospel)
- 11 Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great shall be the day of Jezreel.
God has brought the two Houses together by His New Covenant by His suffering and dying on the cross. God gave Abraham a vision before he was to offer his son Isaac. Mount Moria is the same place where Jesus Christ suffered and died on the cross in our place. A foreshadowing.
Jeremiah 31:1 At the same time, saith the LORD, will I be the God of all the families of Israel, and they shall be my people.
Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
The LORD will gather His elect a remnant of Israel and those from other nations who called upon the LORD.
Matthew 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
to be continued part 3