We go back to the Garden of Eden where the serpent enticed Eve to eat the fruit of the forbidden tree. Didn’t that fruit look appealing to her? Did the serpent force her to eat the fruit? Did he frighten her to death? The answer is no.
Well, then what was it that she did take the fruit of the forbidden tree? The devil, the father of lies beguiled Eve, she wanted to eat the fruit. It was her choice. Like: “it looks so good I’ll take it”. She could not resist. The serpent caused Eve to eat the fruit. It was her choice, her own free will. After taking the fruit they both realized they were naked.
Genesis 3:4-5 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: 5/ For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
Romans 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Just like Eve in the Garden of Eden, the world cannot resist temptations. And the devil knows it. The world will admire the beast because it will show signs and wonders.
- 3/ And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
- 4/ And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
The attractive deception of the beast causes the world to accept the mark in their forehead or in their right hand. It will not be death when the world accepts the mark. Nobody will be forced to take the mark of the beast. Nor will anyone be held at gunpoint. It is the lust of the flesh, the sin that will cause mankind to accept the mark of the beast.
- 16/ And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
- 17/ And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
The beast deceives the people by doing great signs and wonders. Fire comes down from heaven for everybody to see. However, after the world has accepted the mark they will realize it was a setup. After the acceptance of the mark, the beast demands payment. Nothing can be reversed. It will be too late. Everyone must worship the beast or else….
- Revelation 13:13-15
- 13/And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
- 14/ And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
- 15/ And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
Lucifer said in his heart that he was going to be like the Most High, he wants to be worshiped, no matter what But God knew this before the devil even thought of it.
- 13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
- 14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
- 15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
Eve made the wrong choice. The world is making the same choice Eve did. Adam also ate from the fruit. They had to die because they disobeyed God. God put His plan for salvation in motion. God’s grace led to that triumphant Night on Golgotha, where Lord Jesus Christ made the payment for sinners. This will not happen a second time.
Instead, God will reveal His wrath to the children of disobedience. Mankind does not want to listen but wants to indulge in ungodliness and everything else that is an abomination in the eyes of the LORD.
Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness.
Once the majority has accepted the mark of the beast it cannot be reversed.
God’s judgments are terrible and beyond words. God’s grace is a joy beyond measure.
Flee, oh flee to the foot of the cross, the cross of Golgotha. Jesus Christ paid for our sin with the shedding of His precious Blood and regained the power over the grave by His death. Lord Jesus Christ and Him crucified, risen the third day and ascended to the Father and shall come us.