Are the modern Jews the Biblical Israelites?
For that we have to go back to the Old Testament and to the ancestors of Abram. He is a descendant of the eldest son of Noah Shem and came from Ur of the Chaldees. It was the place where he lived before God called him. He never, was a Jew. He, actually, was a Chaldean. He also was called a Shemite because of his ancestor Shem and that is true. Abram’s father was called Terah, and he had three sons Nahor, Abram, and Haran.
Abram is also called the Hebrew in
- Genesis 14:13 And there came one that had escaped, and told Abram the Hebrew; for he dwelt in the plain of Mamre the Amorite, brother of Eshcol, and brother of Aner: and these were confederate with Abram.
Hebrew comes from the Name Eber. It means, he who crossed the waters, the Euphrates. Jonah calls himself a Hebrew
- Genesis 10:21 Unto Shem also, the father of all the children of Eber,
- Jonah 1:9 And he said unto them, I am an Hebrew; and I fear the LORD, the God of heaven, which hath made the sea and the dry land.
1Chronicles 1:1 Adam, Sheth, Enosh,Kenan, Mahalaleel, Jered,Henoch, Methuselah, Lamech, 4/ Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
1Chronicles 1:2-28 Shem, Arphaxad, Shelah, 25/ Eber, Peleg, Reu, 26/ Serug, Nahor, Terah, 27/ Abram; the same is Abraham. 28/ The sons of Abraham; Isaac, and Ishmael.
Lot was the son of Haran. Genesis 11:28 And Haran died before his father Terah in the land of his nativity, in Ur of the Chaldees.
1Chronicles 1:34 And Abraham begat Isaac. The sons of Isaac; Esau and Israel.
ISAAC, THE SON OF PROMISE.
The event that God and two angels visit Abram. During this visit, God announces the birth of Isaac. Genesis chapter 18.
- Genesis 18:12 Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?
- Genesis 18:15 Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid. And he (=God) said, Nay; but thou didst laugh.
Jacob, the grandson of Abraham was not a Jew either. The Man Jacob wrestled with was God, Jesus Christ. The word “Jew” does not occur in this Bible passage. Neither does the word occur in all of his life’s story.
- 24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
- 25 And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he (=God) touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob’s thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.
- 26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.
- 27 And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.
- 28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed
THE TWELVE SONS OF ISRAEL
Nor were the twelve sons of Israel Jews. They were all Israelites. The Israelites were also known according to their tribe. Moses was a Levite, Paul, the apostle, was a Benjaminite. And Jesus Christ when He was walking on earth was of the tribe of Judah, so the Redeemer was a Judahite and NOT a Jew. A Royal Judahite. The Lion of Judah. Shiloh is Jesus Christ. The gathering of the people relates to the Second Coming of Jesus, the Messias with power and great glory in Matthew 24:30.
Numbers 24:17 I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth.
CLICK ON THE IMAGES TO ENLARGE. OPENS A NEW TAB.
Genesis 49:10 The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.
Moses, Aaron his brother and his sister Miriam were never Jews, They were Levites. The Ten Commandments also known as the Mosaic Law. The modern Jews, however, claim the Mosaic Law is the Jewish Law. No, it is not!
The Jews claim that God gave Moses also oral instructions that Moses was not to write down. According to God’s instructions, this law was to be orally passed down from one generation to the next. No, God did not! That is a doctrine of kabbalah, the Hebrew Roots Movement, that is based upon the Book of Zohar. The Jews are claiming things that never were theirs to begin with.
Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
ESTHER AND MORDECHAI
Mordechai, and Esther were of birth Israelites. Both were of tribe of Benjamin. Mordechai was the uncle of Esther. The word Jew is confusing here.
In the time of Esther, the Medio-Persian empire had 127 different provinces. The provinces extended from Greece to India, from Turkey to the Persian Gulf and the Indian Ocean. That is quite an empire with a lot of different people. Everybody called themselves Jews. A great part of the people became Jews. All these people became mixed multitudes of different nationalities and perhaps races. But they all were “Jews” no matter their race. Thus, the fact, remains that they were no Jews but Israelites.
Esther 2:5 Now in Shushan the palace there was a certain Jew, whose name was Mordecai, the son of Jair, the son of Shimei, the son of Kish, a Benjamite;
The Jews mentioned in the following Bible passage here are Edomites. They are the descendants of Esau and his two Canaanite women. (Genesis 26:34)
Esther 8:17 And in every province, and in because every city, whithersoever the king’s commandment and his decree came, the Jews had joy and gladness, a feast and a good day. And many of the people of the land became Jews; for the fear of the Jews fell upon them.
It does not occur in the Bible that the Prophets of God were Jews.
David, the man after God’s heart, was of the root of Jesse. His father was from Bethlehem and of the tribe of Judah. Not any mention of Jew or Jewish. David was the ancestor of Joseph and Mary, So both were of the tribe of Judah.
JOSEPH AND MARY
Joseph and Mary had to travel from Nazareth to Bethlehem to be taxed.
- Luke 2:4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judæa, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he (=Joseph) was of the house and lineage of David)
THE LINEAGE OF JESUS CHRIST
The generation of David was of a particular lineage in the House of Judah. Matthew 1:1-16. The lineage in the Gospel shows that the father and not the mother is mentioned in the list of generations leading up to Jesus Christ. Joseph, the guardian of Jesus Christ, the husband of Mary is mentioned. While the Jews list the mother in their generations.
Matthew 1:17 So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations.
In Luke 3:23-38 the generation of Jesus Christ goes back to Abraham. The name of Joseph is mentioned and not Mary. Luke goes back to Adam.
Luke 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.
Luke 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.
- are not from the tribe of Judah
- are not from the House of Judah
Encyclopedia Judaica 1971 Vol 10:23: “JEWS BEGAN IN THE 19TH CENTURY TO CALL THEMSELVES HEBREWS AND ISRAELITES IN 1860”.