Mystery Babylon the Great, thirteen words all in caps. The number thirteen in the Bible represents evil and against God.
— Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH
Mecca is surrounded by seven hills as is Rome. Although islam is on its way to conquer the world to put it under shariah law, neither is it Mecca.
Both false religions have a great similarity, caused a lot of bloodsheds and want to destroy Christendom neither one is responsible for the bloodshed of the prophets of God and the apostles of Lord Jesus Christ.
However, I do believe both false religions will have a big part in paving the way for the anti-christ. And especially the Catholic Church represents the woman riding the beast.
–Proverbs 5:6 Lest thou shouldest ponder the path of life, her ways are moveable, that thou canst not know them
By reading the chapters 17 and 18 of Revelation more carefully, we see that both chapters form completeness. In chapter 23 of Matthew* Lord Jesus speaks about Jerusalem to the Pharisees and the scribes while surrounded by a multitude. The verses 30-37 are telling us it is Jerusalem that is responsible for the bloodshed of the prophets and the apostles.
*Matthew 23 the chapter of the woes addressed to the pharisees and the scribes.
–Revelation 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
- 30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
- 31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
- 32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
- 33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
- 34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
- 35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
- 36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
- 37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
And indeed catholicism uses a golden cup. However, golden vessels were also used in the temple in Jerusalem.
- –Daniel 5:1 Belshazzar, whiles he tasted the wine, commanded to bring the golden and silver vessels which his father Nebuchadnezzar had taken out of the temple which was in Jerusalem; that the king, and his princes, his wives, and his concubines, might drink therein.
- –Daniel 5:2 Then they brought the golden vessels that were taken out of the temple of the house of God which was at Jerusalem; and the king, and his princes, his wives and his concubines drank in them
The Great City Babylon
–Revelation 14:8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication. Supported by
- –Isaiah 21:9 And, behold, here cometh a chariot of men, with a couple of horsemen. And he answered and said, Babylon is fallen, is fallen; and all the graven images of her gods he hath broken unto the ground.
Come out of her
–-Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. Supported by
- —Jeremiah 51:45 My people, go ye out of the midst of her, and deliver ye every man his soul from the fierce anger of the LORD.
The anti-christ will come to dominate the world in Jerusalem.
–-Isaiah 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
–Psalms 48:2 Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King.
Jerusalem, exactly the City where Christ Jesus will return “with power and great glory”