Mystery Babylon the Great, thirteen words all in caps. The number thirteen in the Bible represents evil and against God.
Is Mystery Babylon Rome or maybe Mecca?
Although, both cities are located on seven hills the woman riding on
the beast, it is not Rome and neither is it Mecca.
Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
However, I do believe both false religions will have a big part in paving the way for the anti-christ. And especially the Catholic Church represents the woman riding the beast.
–Proverbs 5:6 Lest thou shouldest ponder the path of life, her ways are moveable, that thou canst not know them.*footnote
Both false religions have great similarities and caused lots of bloodsheds, to destroy Christendom. neither is responsible for the bloodshed of the prophets of God and the apostles of Lord Jesus Christ.
By reading the chapters 17 and 18 of Revelation more carefully, we see that both chapters form completeness. In chapter 23 of Matthew* Lord Jesus speaks about Jerusalem to the Pharisees and the scribes while surrounded by a multitude. The verses 30-37 are telling us it is Jerusalem that is responsible for the bloodshed of the prophets and the apostles.
*Matthew 23 the chapter of the woes addressed to the pharisees and the scribes.
Revelation 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
- 30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
- 31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
- 32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
- 33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
- 34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
- 35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
- 36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
- 37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
2Kings 23:13 And the high places that were before Jerusalem, which were on the right hand of the mount of corruption, which Solomon the king of Israel had builded for Ashtoreth the abomination of the Zidonians, and for Chemosh the abomination of the Moabites, and for Milcom the abomination of the children of Ammon, did the king defile.
And indeed catholicism uses a golden cup. However, golden vessels were also used in the temple in Jerusalem.
- Daniel 5:1 Belshazzar, whiles he tasted the wine, commanded to bring the golden and silver vessels which his father Nebuchadnezzar had taken out of the temple which was in Jerusalem; that the king, and his princes, his wives, and his concubines, might drink therein.
- Daniel 5:2 Then they brought the golden vessels that were taken out of the temple of the house of God which was at Jerusalem; and the king, and his princes, his wives and his concubines drank in them
The Great City Babylon
Revelation 14:8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication. Supported by
- Isaiah 21:9 And, behold, here cometh a chariot of men, with a couple of horsemen. And he answered and said, Babylon is fallen, is fallen; and all the graven images of her gods he hath broken unto the ground.
Come out of her
–-Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. Supported by
- —Jeremiah 51:45 My people, go ye out of the midst of her, and deliver ye every man his soul from the fierce anger of the LORD.
The anti-christ will come to dominate the world in Jerusalem.
Isaiah 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
Psalms 48:2 Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King.
Zionist Israel, the Pharisees of Biblical times, intends to build a third temple and restore the sacrifices according to Exodus 25:18-22.
The anti-christ will not rule from Rome, nor from Mecca but from Jerusalem.
Jerusalem, exactly the City where Christ Jesus will return “with power and great glory”
footnote* Jerusalem in fact is Mystery Babylon. The Bible is clear about his. However, all religions and especially Catholicism and Islam are surely representing Mystery Babylon the woman riding the beast. The devil needs a world wide network of wickedness in order to gain power. The more henchmen and opposition God’s adversary gathers, the better. Anyone who wants to serve the devil, they come under his control. When the person dies he’ll find someone else who is willing to sell their soul to him this roaring lion. This roaring lion that, just wants to devour.
- 2Thessalonians 2:4
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God,
or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of
God, shewing himself that he is God.
- 1Peter 5:8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
God will allow this within His boundaries of course. And God is making it easy for everyone who believes or wants to the lie, because He sending a strong delusion
- 2Thessalonians 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: