“Be ye holy; for I am Holy” 1Peter 1:16
Be ye holy, however today’s society is becoming more and more secular. There is less and less place and time for God. Business and politics have become autonomous; God is not taken into account anymore it seems by states-and world leaders. Scientists have a world view that does not include the Eternal One; historians are assuming there is no Creator of mankind. Even in the church the LORD’s Presence is lacking. Jesus Christ is not the very Core of the sermons anymore. Deceptive modern English bible versions also known as New Age translations are used instead of reading the King James Bible. The so called christian music is performed instead of praising the LORD with Psalters and Hymns.
- For I am Holy but is God still in our personal life and the midst of our family?
- Are we still passing on to our children that the LORD is the Only One we can trust and turn to through Jesus Christ?
- Or is the Eternal One overrun by television shows flinging their violent, wicked and vile contents we are watching into the living-room?;
- or is God overrun by the Internet and Social Media?;
- or by smartphone often used to send hateful, bullying and obscene text messages back and forth?;
- Are the worldly things that do not last so much more important than the matters of eternity for our souls?;
Have we become so very dull that we don’t even realize that HE is a Holy God and that our iniquities are an abhorrence in His Eyes?
Should we then wonder that the God Who is Holy has withdrawn Himself from our lives? Our limited mind cannot comprehend the full Holiness of God. He is three times Holy; perfect beyond words and uncompromisingly. The infinite Holiness of God surpasses all human comprehension.
- Isaiah 6:3 And one cried to another, and said, Holy, Holy, Holy is the LORD of hosts; the whole earth is full of His Glory.
- Revelation 4:8 And the four beasts of them had six wings about him and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not night and day, saying Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God Almighty Which was and is, and is to come.
Our life here on earth is a Gift of God and serves a purpose. That purpose is to obey Him, to live according to His Will and to meet Him for a Life Everlasting. Be prepared, to meet the LORD every day when your life here on earth has ended. That can be any moment.
Are you ready to meet the Holy God? If not, you should now turn your life around completely, so that you are able to meet the Saviour instead of the Judge!