The Birth of Jesus Christ
The reason why the birth date of Jesus Christ could not have taken place in December is, because it is too cold for sheep to be outside. So the shepherds were not tending their sheep in the fields of Ephrathah at that time. Why sheep are not outside in the winter time is because the animal cannot withstand cold and rainy weather for it causes hoof rot; this is for goats as well.
The Bible supports this fact that Jesus Christ was not born on December 25th. The correct time of birth of Jesus Christ is around September 15th (give or take a few days) according to our calendar the year 3BC; the Hebrew calendar in the year 3758/3759 in the month of Tishri.
- 26 “And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
- 27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin’s name was Mary.
- 28 And the angel came unto her, and said, Hail, thou art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women.
- 29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
- 30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
- 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a Son, and shalt call His Name JESUS.
- 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give Him the throne of His father David:
- 33 And He shall reign over the house of Jacob forever; and of His Kingdom there shall be no end.
- 34 Then Mary said unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
- 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that Holy Thing Which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
- 36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren”
Mary went to visit her cousin Elisabeth when she was three months pregnant.
The time Zachariah served in the temple: 1Chronicles 24:10 The seventh to Hakkoz, the eighth to Abija.
The month of Abib is the first month of the year
- Exodus 12:2 This month shall be unto you the beginning of the months; it shall be the first month of the year to you
- Exodus 13:4 This day came ye out in the month Abib
Zacharias after his duty serving in the temple went home. Elisabeth conceived during the first/second week of June bringing the birth of John to approximate March that following year. Mary was three months pregnant when she visited her cousin Elisabeth. Six months later Jesus was born in mid September 3BC (the month of Tishri)