The Deity in the New Testament.
- For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- The Same was in the beginning with God
- I and My Father are One.
- And I have declared unto them Thy Name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith Thou hast loved Me may be in them, and I in them.
In the order as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Matthew 28:19,20 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
In the order of the Holy Spirit, the Lord Jesus and God the Father
- 1Corinthians 12:4-6 4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God Which worketh all in all.
Co-equal, co-eternal, co-possessing the nature of God thus the Three-are-One.
- Ephesians 4:4-6 the order is the Holy Spirit, the Son, and the Father. There is one Body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, 5 one Faith, one Baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
The Deity in the Old Testament
In the Old Testament, we also have the representation of the Three-Are-One described in 1John 5:7
- 1/Abraham – God the Father,
- 2/Isaac – The Word (Jesus Christ),
- 3/Jacob – The Holy Spirit.
Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Psalms 45:6 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.
- For unto us a Child is born,
- unto us a Son is given;
- and the government shall be upon His shoulder:
- and His Name shall be called
- Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Hosea 1:7 But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them by the LORD their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, nor by battle, nor by horses, nor by horsemen.
The Three-are-One, oh wonderful and great Mystery of the Most High.