The Ark of the Covenant was only to be carried by four Levi priests holding on to the staves. The staves were made out of shittim wood (=thorn) were not to be removed out of the rings. The cover of the Ark was God’s Mercy Seat. God’s Mercy Seat where the blood was sprinkled so that the atonement (at-one-ment) of mankind could be made. Four Levi priests; four Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and, John; Jesus Christ wearing a crown of thorns. His Blood flowed for the forgiveness of our sin. All a for shadow for what was to come and now is fulfilled to perfection.The Ark of the Covenant was built out of shittim wood.
- Exodus 25:13-15 13 “And thou shalt make staves of shittim wood and overlay them with gold.
- 14 And thou shalt put the staves into the rings by the sides of the Ark that the Ark may be borne with them.
- 15 The staves shall be in the rings of the Ark; they shall not be taken from it”
- John 19:5 “Then came Jesus forth wearing the crowns of thorns and the purple robe. And Pilate saith unto them, Behold the man”
The Ark of the Covenant is a foreshadow of Jesus Christ. In the Old Testament the Ark was the only place the Israelites could go and through the Levi high priest they were able to receive forgiveness of sin and now Jesus Christ is the High Priest and the Only Way to the Father. This High Priest is not of the tribe of Levi but of the tribe of Judah.
Placing the Ark on a cart and pulled by two oxen was not according to God’s instruction. The only way the Ark was to be transferred from one place to another was to be carried by four Levi priests. The Ark was not to be moved in any other way. The oxen shook the cart. Uzzah reached out, touched the Ark, and died. God would have been able to keep the Ark in balance without any assistance of a human hand.
- 2Samuel 6:6 “And when they came to Nachon’s threshingfloor, Uzzah put forth his hand to the Ark of God and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it.
- 2Samuel 6:7 “And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him for his error; and there he died by the Ark of God”.
The Apostle Paul is warning us for any other gospel. Any other religion or so-called gospel based upon work and performance is false.
- Galatians 1:9 “as we said before, so I say now again. If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed”.
The search for the Ark of the Covenant is still going on. It will be vain. By bringing back all the vessels into the Temple there is no mention that the Ark was included. Ezra 1:6-11
- 6 “And all that they were about them strengthened their hands with vessels of silver, with gold, with goods, and with beasts, and with precious things, beside all that was willingly offered
- 7 Also Cyrus the king brought forth vessels of the House of the LORD which Nebuchadnezzar had brought forth out of Jerusalem, and had put them in the house of his gods;
- 8 Even so did Cyrus king of Persia bring forth by the hand of Mitredath the treasurer, and numbered them unto Sheshbazzar, the prince of Judah.
- 9 And in this number of them: thirty chargers of gold, a thousand chargers of silver, nine and twenty knives,
- 10 Thirty basons of gold, thirty basons of silver of a second sort, four hundred and ten, and another vessels a thousand
- 11 All the vessels of gold and silver were five thousand and four hundred. All these did Sheshbazzar bring up with them of the captivity that were brought up from Babylon unto Jerusalem”.
The three primary objects are missing:
- 1/ the Ark of Covenant, for the High Priest to sprinkle the blood (last seen: in Josia’s days)
- 2/ the Menorah, a representation of the Holy Spirit.
- 3/ table with the Shewbread, representation of Lord Jesus, fresh bread was made daily.
The law of OT cannot be fulfilled anymore. The law of the OT is fulfilled by Lord Jesus Christ. That’s why I believe these three objects are missing not to be found ever again.
Lord Jesus Christ fulfilled God’s Law on the cross with His Words in John 19:30.
It is finished