The Ark of the Covenant in the Old Testament is one of the representations of Jesus Christ in the New Testament.
By bringing the Ark of the Covenant into the camp Israel thought God would be in their midst. However, the LORD of Hosts was not in their midst. After the victorious battle, the Philistines took the Ark of the Covenant and brought it into the house of Dagon and set the Ark in front of their pagan god. The graven image of their pagan god, half man half fish was fallen in front of the Ark. The next morning they of Ashdod had to pick up the graven image to put it back into its place.
- 1Samuel 5:3 “And they of Ashdod arose early on the morrow behold Dagon was fallen upon the face to the earth before the Ark of the LORD and they took Dagon and set him in his place again”.
The First Coming of Jesus Christ as the Child born in the manger and the Man of Sorrow destroyed satan’s work according to the four Gospels Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
Half man, half fish just like Baphomet half man half beast. The half man half fish god also is a representation of the “fish hats” the pope and members of the Vatican are wearing; wanting to get all religions under their Dagon fish hats; claiming we all believe in the same God. Sign of the End Times. Nothing is further from the truth as far as Jesus Christ is concerned. The Saviour is the Only Way to the Father; Salvation is by faith through grace.
- Ephesians 2:8 “By grace ye are saved through faith”
- “So the faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God”.
All religions yes they all fit perfectly under the fish hats, for their “salvation” is based upon work performance, traditions and rituals.
- 1Samuel 5:4 “And when they rose early on the morrow morning, behold Dagon was fallen upon his face before the Ark of the LORD; and the head of Dagon and the both palms of his hands were cut off upon the threshold; only the stump of Dagon was left to him,
- Revelation 14:8 “Babylon the great is fallen is fallen”.
The men of Ashdod decided that it was better not to keep the Ark. The Ark was taken out of the house and placed on a cart and pulled by two oxen and brought to Gath.
- 1Samuel 5:7 “They send therefore and gathered all the lords of the Philistines unto them, and said What shall we do with the Ark of the God of Israel? and they answered Let the Ark of the God of Israel be carried out unto Gath. And they carried the Ark of the God of Israel about thither”
- 1Samuel 6:7 “Now therefore make a new cart, and take two milch kine, on which there hath come no yoke, and tie the kine to the cart, and bring their calves home from them”
The Ark of the Covenant was carried away not according to God’s instructions.