Do spirits have bodies? Yes, they do. Spirits are not like “Casper the friendly ghost” that we cannot see them, nor touch them because they would be transparent.
Spirits, although, they are angels or other celestial creatures, they have DNA, seed. Where there is a body there is DNA.
- 1Corinthians 15:39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.
- 1Corinthians 15:40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
Spirits cannot be killed by humans. The mighty men described here are spirits,
- Joel 2:7 They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks:
- Joel 2:8 Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk every one in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded.
The fallen angels, sons of God. Only God can kill evil angels as HE created them.
- Psalms 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the Most High.
- Psalms 82:7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes. 8 Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.
The LORD and two of His angels came to Abraham. Abraham washed their feet and they ate the dinner he and Sarah prepared.
- Genesis 18:4 Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree.
- Genesis 18:8 And he (=Abraham) took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.
The angels of God who came to Lot’s door were celestial creatures. Lot saw the angels and stood up to meet them.
- Genesis 19:1 And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;
They came to rescue Lot and his family to get them away from the evil in Sodom.
- Genesis 19:15 And when the morning arose, then the angels hastened Lot, saying, Arise, take thy wife, and thy two daughters, which are here; lest thou be consumed in the iniquity of the city.
- Genesis 19:16 And while he lingered, the men laid hold upon his hand, and upon the hand of his wife, and upon the hand of his two daughters; the LORD being merciful unto him: and they brought him forth, and set him without the city.
An angel appeared to Mary saying that she would conceive by the Holy Spirit.
- Luke 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women
An Angel at the Empty Tomb talking to Mary Magdalene and the other Mary
- Matthew 28:5 And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.”
- John 20: 11, 12 But Mary stood without at the sepulchre weeping: and as she wept, she stooped down, and looked into the sepulchre, 12 And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
God is a Spirit and HE has wings.
- Psalms 91:4 He shall cover thee with His feathers, and under His wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
God has twenty thousand chariots.
- Psalms 68:17 The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of angels: the Lord is among them, as in Sinai, in the holy place.
Ezekiel 1:21 When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.
Zechariah 6:1-8. 1 And I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came four chariots out from between two mountains; and the mountains were mountains of brass.
- 2 In the first chariot were red horses; and in the second chariot black horses;
- 3 And in the third chariot white horses; and in the fourth chariot grisled and bay horses.
- 4 Then I answered and said unto the angel that talked with me, What are these, my lord?
- 5 And the angel answered and said unto me, These are the four spirits of the heavens, which go forth from standing before the Lord of all the earth.
- 6 The black horses which are therein go forth into the north country; and the white go forth after them; and the grisled go forth toward the south country.
- 7 And the bay went forth, and sought to go that they might walk to and fro through the earth: and he said, Get you hence, walk to and fro through the earth. So they walked to and fro through the earth.
- 8 Then cried he upon me, and spake unto me, saying, Behold, these that go toward the north country have quieted my spirit in the north country.
The four horses in Revelation are spirits from the heavenly realm. Revelation 6:2,4,5 and 8
- 2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
- 4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
- 5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
- 8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.