Great Tribulation occurs 3 times in the King James Version. Lord Jesus mentions these words one time in Matthew 24:31 and these words occur one time in Revelation 2:22 and – 7:14 without the article THE. Tribulation 22 times, tribulations 4 times. That small word THE of three letters does make a big difference. Furthermore: (great) tribulation is not the wrath of God. Before God will pour His wrath upon this world the Rapture already has taken place.
- Because thou has kept the word of My patience I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth
- For God hath not appointed us to wrath but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.
There is no where in the Bible that anyone IN Christ will not suffer tribulation. On the contrary. Ever since Biblical times until this very day. The prophets, the apostles, Stephen, the apostle Paul, the early Christians, reformers and common folk, who were in possession of an English Bible were persecuted. Nowadays and in many countries throughout the world true Bible believing Christians are being mocked, abused and murdered all because of their faith in Christ Jesus. The very own Words of Jesus Christ can by no means swept under the rug.
- Blessed are ye when men shall revile you, and persecute you and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for My sake
- Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you
- For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
- These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye may have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
After chapter four in Revelation the Church is not mentioned anymore. Is that of any importance? Does it really prove anything? What is described in the first two verses does not relate to the Rapture nor does the remainder of this fourth chapter. Where are the clouds? Where is the sound of the last trumpet? Is John meeting Lord Jesus in the air? No, John is asked “to come up hither” where the throne is, God is sitting on that throne and 24 elders are present.
Revelation 4:1 And after this I looked, and behold
- a door was opened in heaven:
- and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me;
- which said come up hither,
- and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter
- And immediately I was in the spirit; and behold, a throne was set in heaven, and One sat on the throne
- And round about the throne were four and twenty seats; and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.
Revelation 4 is just not supported by 1Thessalonians 4:17
- from heaven with a shout,
- with the voice of the archangel
- and with the trump of God
- and the dead in Christ shall rise
nor 1Corinthians 15:51,52
- at the last trump
- for the trump shall sound
- and the dead shall be raised incorruptible
- and we all be changed
For shadow of the Rapture and the Feet of the LORD not touching the ground in the OT supports what Paul is writing in the verses above
- And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that was in the camp trembled.
- And Moses brought forth the people out of the camp to meet with God; and they stood at the nether part of the mount.
- And mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly
- And the voice of the trumpet sounded long, and waxed louder and louder, Moses spake, and God answered him by a voice.
- And the LORD came down upon mount Sinai, on top of the mount: and the LORD called Moses up to the top of the mount; and Moses went up
The Day that the Caught Up Together will take place that is the Day of Redemption for all IN Christ. The born again Christians are sealed until the Day of Redemption and will be unsealed when the Book is unsealed, we will be unsealed. At this time God will restore the breach between Him and Israel.
- In Whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in Whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of Promise
- And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, where ye are sealed unto the Day of Redemption.
For shadow of the Rapture in the OT. Indication that the world will be unaware the moment the Rapture is taking place. After that, yes people will be missed by those left behind. The prophets who remained a short distance did not see the great Event happen. Only Elisha. Later the prophets have been looking for Elijah but no avail
- And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven