Hebrew Roots is falsely claiming that the Christian Church also removed the name of their so called “yeshua” from the New Testament. because the word kyrios is not mentioned there. But doesn’t the word kyrios mean LORD and Lord?
Phrases in Bible verses of the Old Testament exactly quoted in the New Testament
- Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
- Matthew 3:3 For this is He that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord make His paths straight.
- Deuteronomy 10:20 Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God; Him shalt thou serve, and to Him shalt thou cleave, and swear by His Name.”
- Matthew 4:7 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and Him only shalt thou serve
- Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me; because the LORD hath anointed Me to preach good tidings unto the meek; He hath sent Me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound
- Isaiah 61:2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
- Luke 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord,
- Psalms 110:1 (A Psalm of David.) The LORD said unto my Lord Sit thou at My right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
- Luke 20:42 And David himself saith in the book of Psalms,The LORD said unto my Lord Sit thou on my right hand,
- Psalms 2:2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,
- Acts 4:26 The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.
- Joel 2:31,32 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.” And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the Name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.”
- Acts 2:20,21 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the Name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Hebrew Roots also falsely claims that the Gospel Matthew was originally written in Hebrew and not in Greek. Not true. We can see that when Lord Jesus calls out “Eli Eli Lama Sabachtani” that Matthew explains what these words mean. He did not have to do that when his writings were in Hebrew.
- Matthew 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken Me?
In the time that Lord Jesus Christ was walking on earth the language mainly spoken was Greek. And I certainly believe that in addition to Hebrew- and the Aramaic language the Saviour spoke Greek most of the time. And that’s also why the New Testament was written in Greek
In addition according to HRM doctrine Christ does not even mean Messias. Oh yes it does!
- John 1:41 He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, Which is, being interpreted, the Christ
- John 4:24 The woman saith unto Him, I know that Messias cometh Which is called, the Christ
Beware: so that the deception of HRM and the keeping of the torah only will save us is going to move into our life.